Tuesday, February 21, 2017

tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE - Mechanically Repetitive / ReRecorded Records Record

Label : Dear Skull Records - DS 101
Year : 2008
Country : US
Format : LP

tENT is back at it with the sonic equivalent of 'pataphysics known as "Usic". This complex and abrasive form of sound art utilizes objects, found sound, collages, voice(s) and sneezes. This record covers a swath of years in the dude's career, including a remix of sorts of the Usic - √-1 = A Plethora Of No Longer Neglected Audio/Conceptual Obstacle Courses record (or "obstacle course", as he describes the process) I posted all those days and minutes and hours back.
The concept here is less grandiose, so to speak. Though, this piece of plastic is still an art object. The first side is relatively normal (physically, at least), but the B-side is something else entirely. It appears to have been cut twice, once in the center hole and another time in the slightly off-center so described in the giant booklet which accompanied this thing. I don't have a backup turntable with a needle in its possession and I'd rather not test this on my main unit as I would like to ride that horse 'til it fails. I'll record the second side and post some scans when I come to that burning bridge.

Here (Side 1)
As compensation for only posting one side, here are some other tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE releases for your listening (?) pleasure (??)


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't get the B side at this time, I will rip it in loving time.

      Delete